Aging in Place Options for Raleigh NC
My NC Homes presents another in our series of Best Aging in Place communities, focusing this time on Raleigh NC. This is a resource both for those looking to scale back from domestic responsibilities while scaling up in quality of life as well as for adult caregivers. Continuum living in the Triangle has a wide varity of retirement communities and traditional full care nursing facilities that many do not even know exist. From the latest in compassionate full-time care to independent luxury living, Raleigh aging in place options are many. Raleigh and the Research Triangle area in general are consistently ranked among the top 10 places to live by numerous national publications. If you would like to learn more about the area and what it has to offer, send us a note or give us a call, we'd love to answer any questions and tell you more about why we love the area as much as we do.
Best Family Flexibility Continuum Care
Brookdale is one of the largest chains of continuum care facilities in the United States, and offers a lot of flexibility for loved ones who may need to relocate. Brookdale offers everything from independent living through assisted care and memory care as neede. All plans and pricing include dining and housekeeping and certain amenities available only at Brookdale Raleigh.
- Location and Transportation: Transportation is included to medical appointments and for excursions. Parking is available for those who are in independent living and available for guests.
- Residence Amenities: Floorplans range from studios to three bedrooms, depending on your or your loved ones needs. All floorplans are equipped with lots of storage, natural light features, and private bathrooms, and are available with kitchenettes, balconies or porches, and the option for furnishing yourself.
- Community Amenities: Brookdale delivers a lifestyle, regardless of your level of care needs. Offering include an arts studio, billiards, walking paths, putting greens, business center, fireside living room, game room, greenhouse, cafe/bar, formal dining room, piano room, indoor pool, postal service, therapy room, free wifi throughout, and a 24 hour concierge. All Brookdale locations have monthly programming and special events with staff onsite.
- Health: Health options at Brookdale make it a trusted name in aging in place. There is private duty care, hospice and everything in-between. With a 24/7 nursing staff onsite, the level of care per patient is complete and help is only a call away.
Best Over 55 Retirement
With resort-style retirement complete with a travel program to sister resorts from RLC Communities across the US. Capital Oaks Resort offers completely inclusive services from housekeeping to room service and all matter of convenience in between. For carefree aging in place with travel, this is an excellent Raleigh choice.
- Location and Transportation: Located just outside Raleigh's beltline amidst lush greenery and rolling hills, Capital Oaks is close to numerous attractions and dining options. Transportation for is included in ownership fees.
- Residence Amenities: Residences are fully equipped with washer dryer hookups, paid utilities, cable and internet, walk-in closets, and designer kitchens. Some residences offer balconies and patios and all have open floor plans. Capital Oaks offers 12 floor plans to choose from which range from a studio to three bedrooms, starting at 566 square feet and as large as 1,206 square feet. Residences are pet friendly
- Community Amenities: Community amenities include maintenance staff, 24-hour concierge, medical alert, housekeeping, valet service, and live-in management. The dining options abound at Capitol Oaks including casual buffet, 24-hour chefs pantry, tableside dining, Sunday brunch, room service, and flexible dining room hours. Capitol Oaks offers a complete calendar of programming for entertainment and community including wellness, fitness (onsite), shopping, and special monthly programs. Other bonus features include billiards, theatre, salon, banking, business, pharmacy, and library.
- Health: With an emphasis on wellness, there are a number of health and wellness amenities, there's an onsite pharmacy and medic alert. Transportation to one of many world-class health centers is included in ownership at Capitol Oaks.
Best Home-Style Aging in Place
Springmoor is a complete continuing care community; minutes from downtown Raleigh. From villas and homes to apartments and nursing, Springmoor Lifecare Retirement Community is the highest-ranked facility in the Raleigh area. Its' campus is verdant with lush landscaping and the mix of apartments and villas create a true community atmosphere. Its' social programming is similarly diverse, fostering hobbies, new interests, wellness, and adventure, all onsite.
- Location and Transportation: Scheduled transportation is included for appointments and leisure activities, as well as certain off-campus special events.
- Residence Amenities: Springmoor residences come in 19 different floor plans and all include full kitchens and dishwashers, housekeeping, and linen service. Utilities are included. There are bay windows and balconies in certain floor plans. Villas and homes offer many luxury features including fireplaces, private patios and one car garages to in certain models. Apartments offer designer finishes and updated features with both studio one and two-bedroom floorplans.
- Community Amenities: Besides a full program of activities you can enjoy an onsite spa, heated indoor lap pool, theatre, bistro, billiards, cards, nature trail, putting green, croquet, multi-purpose room, music room, library, greenhouse, woodworking shop, salon, business center, security, bank, chapel, and golf privileges at Wildwood Green, one mile away.
- Health: The Stewart Healthcare Center is located onsite for outpatient and inpatient care and all residents are included in primary care onsite. The Triangle hospitals and medical centers are minutes away for those requiring specialty care and appointments and the transportation is all covered.
Best City Style Aging in Place
The Cardinal at North Hills is a full-service continuum living facility with modern architecture located on 6 acres in the North Hills Midtown District of Raleigh.This prime in town location affords residents easy access to the best Raleigh has to offer and those moving from cities will appreciate the hustle and bustle! Fabulous dining, shopping, and world class healthcare are all nearby, in addition to the complete healthcare onsite. The Cardinal at North Hills is a member of the award-winning Kisco Communities and is highly regarded for over 25 years for their commitment to excellence in continuum care.
- Location and Transportation: Located in North Hills Midtown, it is centrally located to shopping, dining, and entertainment in Raleigh. Transportation to health visits offsite is included, and certain entertainment outings are also included.
- Residence Amenities: The Cardinal is comprised of 165 independent living apartments, 27 assisted living apartments and 18 ground level residences designed for those requiring memory care. These are modern apartments, with top of the line finishes, fully equipped, ranging from one bedroom to three bedrooms, and from 800 to 2080 square feet.
- Community Amenities: Independent living residents have below-ground parking, clubhouse and healthcare facility, lecture hall, billiards, indoor pool and spa, salon, and complete gourmet dining. Residents enjoy a full programming schedule and special events. All housekeeping, linen service, and maintenance are included with ownership at The Cardinal.
- Health: Health options at Cardinal at North Hills include nursing, assisted living, memory care, and primary care for independent living. Its’ Raleigh location also affords it access to some of the best medical facilities in the nation. Cardinal has 15 nursing stations across the community and residents are expertly attended depending on their needs.
If you or a family member are at that point in your life where you're exploring options, we hope you find this information helpful. While My NC Homes can't help you to buy into one of these facilities, if you aren't quite ready but need to either find an appropriate home for yourself or a family member or are considering a multi-generational home somewhere here in the Research Triangle area, we would be pleased to consult with you and offer our assistance free of charge. For additional resources in the triangle area, please explore the links we've provided below.
My NC Homes