Aging in Place Options for Chapel Hill NC
My NC Homes is pleased to offer this list of the most recent, top-ranked, aging in place, and care facilities in Chapel Hill. From retirement to full-time care, here are the choices ranked by reviews. Many of our clients make a move to the Triangle area to take advantage of the suburban/urban style of living, nationally-ranked academics, college town culture, sports, and one of the top medical facilities in the nation. When buying a new home or relocating, considering the aging family members may well be one of your criteria for choosing a home or city. My NC Homes offers the most up to date listings with guest quarters for family members, but when a loved one requires professional medical assistance or would like to choose their own continuum style care, these are our choices and the top-ranked choices in Chapel Hill for aging in place.
Best Neighborhood Style Aging in Place
The management and direction of Charles House nonprofit is distinct as its staff are all advanced degree holders of UNC and are involved in the research of degenerative diseases and afflictions prevalent in the aging populations. Care is not only a premium at Charles House, but the latest in compassionate therapies and recreational techniques are employed here. Charles House is a pioneer of neighborhood elder care. There are two separate locations located within the neighborhoods of either the Yorktown or Winmore subdivision. While similar each has it's own unique ambiance.
- Location and Transportation: Located minutes from UNC-Chapel Hill medical facilities and the bustling downtown, this location is also very quiet and serene. Tranquility and a neighborhood are a selling point of Charles House.
- Residence Amenities: Charles House offers neighborhood style accommodations in rooms in homes with trained caregivers. Charles House also offers local family members to be involved with the daily caregiving through the use of innovative work-life opportunities.
- Health: Trained and accredited staff are with your loved ones 24/7 and the state of the art facilities of UNC are a ten minute drive away.
Best All Inclusive
The Stratford is a short distance from the UNC-Chapel Hill Campus, yet remote enough to offer an arboreal and tranquil campus a quick ride away. The Stratford offers independent living, assisted living, and memory care and is a member of the Affinity Living Group.
- Location and Transportation: Stratford is the closest to the UNC-Chapel Hill Campus. They Stratford offers a quiet setting, hidden away from the bustle of downtown Chapel Hill with free shuttles into town that run every 15 minutes for the more active resident.
- Residence Amenities: Stratford is an all-inclusive and progressive aging in place destination whose living includes furnished or unfurnished companion or private rooms. All rooms feature cable TV, private bath with walk in shower and separate climate control.
- Community Amenities: Stratford offers an on-site beauty salon and spa, full dining accomodating special needs, memory care wing, and a full calendar of programming.
- Health: 24-hour full medical staff is available in addition to licensed companions for those requiring full-time assistance.
Best Luxury Aging in Place
Cedars of Chapel Hill offers a resort-style aging in place membership plan located on 50 acres. You can own a home or buy into an apartment at Cedars of Chapel Hill. The continuum of care ranges from completely independent and home-owning to memory care. Service is included in ownership plans from health care, primary health care, 24-hour guards, weekly housekeeping and linen services, trash removal, and transportation. If you are looking to have an independent and luxurious lifestyle plan, this is an excellent Chapel Hill choice.
- Location and Transportation: All transportation is included at Cedars or Chapel Hill and it is a short drive from the facilities at UNC Medical Center.
- Residence Amenities: Cedars offers villas, cottages, and verandas, which are townhomes, and each are equipped or designed to your unique specifications.
- Community Amenities: Amenities at Cedars are extensive including a beauty salon, business center, raised vegetable garden beds, bocce ball, two pools, game area, billiard room, full-time activities director, full-time concierge, and much more. Food at the Cedars is the best ranked in Chapel Hill.
- Health: Health and wellness services are included at Cedars including trained and licensed medical in addition to wellness staff.
Nationally Recognized Aging in Place
Nationally recognized for it's financial stability, healthcare services and it's resident driven model Carol Woods boasts a town location with close proximity to cultural, medical, and educational resources. Like Charles House, it is also a non-profit foundation run by a board of directors dedicated to the advancement of compassionate aging-related research. It is one of the nation's leading continuing care and retirement facilities. Given its national acclaim, residents from all over the country choose Carol Woods as a lifeplan community. One of its' core values is inclusivity and residents from all backgrounds, religions, and cultures are welcomed at Carol Woods.
- Location and Transportation: All transportation is included at Carol Woods and the location is convenient within ten minutes of Triangle Hospitals.
- Residence Amenities: Residences offered are apartments, cottages, duplex cottages, and townhomes. Depending on the level of care required for your loved one, homes are equipped with appliance packages and safety measures in kitchenettes and bathing.
- Community Amenities: Amenities include a120 acre wildlife habitat to the rear of the campus, multiple dining options, full-time concierge, full-time activities, fitness center, dog park, fishing pond, greenhouse, crafts, gardens, salon, transportation, housekeeping, 24-hour medical assistance, memory care, and Medicare and insurance filing.
- Health: Residents enjoy a holistic approach to well being with caregivers paying special attention to life satisfaction, purpose, and meaning in aging. and Carol Woods is highly accredited with doctors and licensed nurses on staff 24/7.
Should you choose to move close to a loved one and want a much more independent lifestyle the transition from a retirement community to assisted living, home care, daycare, and nursing are all very viable options in Chapel Hill. While the Brokers at My NC Homes can't help you buy or sell in these communities, we feel it's important for our clients to be aware of the numerous options for eldercare throughout the Research Triangle Area and will continue to add information about these options in our primary service areas. If you're considering a move to the area but aren't quite ready for one of these options and are interested in a home that offers an in-law quarters on the property we'd be more than happy to assist you in finding one. Whether you're 20 or 80 we're local experts with the experience you need to make your transition go as smoothly and hassle free as possible.
Posted by Larry Tollen on