It was the best of times for sellers on The Research Triangle....
It was the best of times for sellers on The Research Triangle. My NC Homes is pleased to announce that they listed three homes on the market on April 14, and within 24 hours, all three were under contract for over-list price. Notably, one listing went under contract with multiple offers, for significantly over asking, site unseen. We would like to walk our prospective sellers through our proven methods for selling homes in record time, for the best prices and terms, in three different seller tales.
The Luxury Listing: 114 N Buchanan
We were fortunate to list 114 N Buchanan as it has a rich history and excellent location. Originally built for Judge William Brahman, founder ofthe Durham Bulls and President of minor league Baseball between 1933 & 1947, this home is across from Duke and was impeccably updated with a new roof and insulation. 114 N Buchanan was listed on April 14 at $1 million and went under contract in under 24 hours, after multiple showings, and multiple offers. The sellers will be selling above list price and at terms that exceeded expectations.
Ranch Style Single Level Luxury in Hillsborough: 116 Crawford Rd.
116 Crawford Rd offers single-level luxury living on a large lot with great outdoor amenities, highly desirable for families and those looking to downsize from multiple-story living. Minutes from downtown Hillsborough, this listing included a detached carport, sheds, and a patio, ideal for enjoying the outdoors. Like 114 N. Buchanan, 116 was updated thoughtfully and was move-in ready for the new owners. Originally listed at $300,000, it also went under contract in 24 hours with multiple showings, multiple offers, and selling over list price.
Single Story Starter Home in Hope Valley Farms: 606 Spring Meadow
606 Spring Meadow was sold for over the list price of $300,000 in the highly desirable Hope Valley Farms, sight unseen, with multiple offers. The listing offered a bonus room on the second story, ideal for home office or playroom, quaint yard, and updated interior and appliance package. Some of the features that truly sold the house were the open floorplan with fireplace and patio.
The Myth of the 2021 Market vs The Reality of My NC Homes Strategies
These were each unique listings with their own charm and appeal for the right buyer, however, the recurring theme in each of our seller tales is the treatment of the home prior to sale and results of selling above list price in under 24 hours. If you have heard the hype on the current market conditions from realtors in the area, you may be impressed by stories of homes selling in record time and unbelievable demand for listings. Agents say things like, do not worry about staging or photography, everything is selling right now. We are in a very short supply of homes, but this type of talk is hyperbole and this approach may not be getting the best value for your home. Don't sell your home short and beware of agents taking shortcuts to make their commission as quickly as possible, without consideration of service after the sale and complete satisfaction of all parties. What makes the My NC Homes seller strategy so effective? We have a complete seller guide here, however specific to these homes, we used the following techniques.
1. Selling Briefing and Strategy Pricing Specialist Consultation: Andrew Palumbo and I are both certified Strategic Pricing Specialists and we have decades of experience pricing homes FOR SALE, not to languish on the market. We give you an accurate market value in addition to assistance in getting your home ready for a quick sale at the best price. With a deep list of contractors, landscapers, handymen, and with an expert level of knowledge of curb appeal and resale values, we make suggestions for potential updates and curb a tendency to make significant improvements where there would not be value.
2. Professional Staging Consultation: After our pricing strategy session and selling briefing recommendations, we bring in professional staging consultants to stage the home with existing or different furniture. This is a complimentary service and should be a part of all realtors services prior to listing.
3. Professional Photography and Videography: Immediately following staging. is the photography session and videography. Every listing is professionally shot with a virtual tour, and we have made this a practice for over a decade. One of the reasons we get so many offers sight unseen is that agents on The Triangle, know how we list homes. They understand that we are honest in representing homes, and our presentation of materials is part of that representation.
4. Virtual Marketing Suite: Most recently, as these technologies have become more affordable for realtors, and not just part of architects and designers' toolkits, we have implemented virtual marketing tools such as 3D floorplans and drone photography. Each of our listings had 3D floorplans and they make a substantial difference to buyers agents and buyers.
5. Professional Cleaning: When a home is sold, we pick up the tab for professional cleaning. We did this long before Covid cleanliness protocols. Why? Because we like our buyers to feel like they are moving into the home of their dreams. You do not just get the keys, you get the keys to a professionally cleaned home, ready to be lived in.
We hope you found this information useful and that if you are considering selling on The Triangle, you will call My NC Homes. Unlike newer agents in the Raleigh/Durham area, we have been in the business for over 50 years and while our protocols and strategies have evolved significantly, we are still known for representing the area's best homes and treating ALL parties with respect, and taking the time to find solutions that are best-case scenarios all around.
If you are interested in joining the ranks of My NC Homes sellers, or you are looking to buy, please reach out to us today! See what our clients have to say about us here
My NC Homes
Posted by Larry Tollen