Enjoy Southern Hospitality - Custom Craftsman Cottage
A Wonderful Place to Call Home -
You're going to love living in 176 Old Piedmont Circle, a classic Craftsman style cottage located in the Briar Chapel Subdivision, 10 minutes south of UNC and Chapel Hill. Spectacular customized "Franklin III" was built by Homes by Dickerson and is loaded with upgrades. There are two main level bedrooms each with their own baths. The master suite features a curbless walk-in shower, dual vanities granite tops, large walk in closet with custom shelving. There's a Gourmet kitchen featuring a 42" SS gas stove with two ovens, a direct vent hood, built-in Microwave. Well positioned windows allow natural sunlight in keeping it light and bright. Fully fenced yard, mature landscaping. EnergyStar rated, this home is 50% more energy efficient than most new homes built today. Enjoy a closer look at this wonderful home in the video below. You can take a 3D walkthrough of the house here
Some of the upgrades you'll enjoy include:
- Wonderful Natural Sunlight throughout the house
- Updated light lighting fixtures and ceiling fans throughout the house as well as many extra can lights.
- Custom window blinds and Plantation style shutters.
- True site finished oak flooring throughout the main common areas and stairs to second floor.
- 9 foot high ceilings on both floors create a wonderfully spacious impression
- Built in bookcases
- Walk-in curbless Master Bathroom shower with full tiled surround and double vanities with granite tops.
- Tile floor in guest bath
- Butler's Pantry
- Gourmet Kitchen with 42" SS gas cook top, two ovens and direct vent hood.
- Built in Microwave, soft touch cabinetry, granite countertops.
- Prime location. Backs to wooded hike/bike trails, easy walk to clubhouse or Great Meadows Park.
- Mature landscaping and fully fenced back yard perfect for pets or children.
This home was custom built for the current owners and they did it right. Start off with the fact that this home is an EnergyStar® rated home. Unlike most builder energy efficient programs, the EnergyStar® program means an independent third party was paid to inspect and certify that the builder built a home guaranteed to save you money on your utility bills. Most builders don’t build EnergyStar® homes because of the additional cost and third-party inspections throughout the building process.
Understanding the Home Energy Rating System
A HERS Index Score can tell you much about a home you are thinking of buying. Heating, cooling and water heating constitute the largest cost of homeownership outside of the mortgage loan. The HERS Index Score will tell you how well the home performs energy-wise.
The lower the number, the more energy efficient the home. The U.S. Department of Energy has determined that a typical resale home scores 130 on the HERS Index. The average home built today has a HERS Index Score of 100. This home is nearly 50% more energy efficient than most new homes built today based on its HERS Index Score of 53.
Energy saving features include Zip Panel Sheathing, sealed and condition crawl space, reflective roof barrier, Tankless gas hot water, LED lighting, argon filled windows and advanced framing and insulation techniques.
One of the reasons Briar Chapel is so popular are numerous amenities that contribute to enjoy a wonderful lifestyle. These include 20+ miles of hike and bike trails, more than a dozen parks, multiple playgrounds, an activities director, numerous clubs, sports courts, pools, a gym and more. Below are some pictures to give you some idea of what you'll find within the Briar Chapel community.