165 Forest Glen Drive, Pittsboro North Carolina
Private Modernist Retreat
Sleek - Serene - Style - Comfort - Private -Unique - Refined
|View the Tour|
SOLD in 3 DAYS with MULTIPLE OFFERS!
The following information about the architect for this home was taken from NCModernist.org
JOHN WILLIAM (BILL) WADDELL (1959-)
After earning a BA in both Environmental Design and Architecture from NC State University, Bill worked with Jim Smith at Hager Smith Huffman in Raleigh and Arthur Cogswell in Chapel Hill. Waddell formed Sun Forest Architecture with Keith Brown. That firm lasted ten years then he launched his own firm,Distinctive Architecture.
1997 - The Brian D. and Linda Johnson House.165 Forest Glen Drive, Pittsboro NC. Built by Sun Forest Construction. Sold in 2015 to Naomi Breslau and Glenn C. Davis.
165 Forest Glen Drive:
Upon arrival you'll immediately be captivated by the unique clean lines, curved courtyard screen and glass block entry wall. Designed and built by renown local architect Bill Waddell and Sun Forest Construction.
Outside you will enjoy a mix of thoughtful landscaping that flows naturally into your own private nature sanctuary. With 17 acres you have so many options. Simply luxuriate in the privacy or perhaps add a guest home, artist studio, private gym and pool. Perhaps horses and a barn are more your thing. You could subdivide and create up to two 5-acre parcels for resale or create a family compound. This private retreat offers easy access to Chapel Hill/Carrboro, Pittsboro, Jordan Lake, Cary/Apex, the Research Triangle and Durham.
As you enter the home you can't help but be inspired by its feeling of comfort, refinement and sleekness. The extensive use of glass floods the interior with natural light while drawing your eyes outward to the surrounding forest.
- Low Chatham County taxes
- Forest Glen is a small neighborhood with five home sites each with five or more acres. All sites have already been developed.
- Winding gravel driveway leads to large parking circle at front of house side-entry garage.
- Two landscaped courtyards offer beautiful gardening opportunities while maximizing privacy. In the evening you'll enjoy architectural landscape lighting.
- One-of-a-kind custom contemporary designed and built by Sun Forest, known for quality construction
- Maximum use of windows allows splendid views of nature; bringing the "outside" in.
- Cedar siding (Repaired and repainted 2019)
- Glass block wall at entry provides light & privacy
- Slate floor at front exterior entry
- 50 year roof shingles and Raindrop gutter guards. (2014)
- Outdoor living spaces include terrace, screened-in porch, covered porch and new Ipe wood deck on the upper level.
- Sloped roof from front to back gives the impression of a flat roof from the front (without the issues flat roofs create)
- High end hurricane shutters for the upper level windows at the front of the house; protect those windows during heavy rain/thunderstorms while allowing the owner control of just how much sun they want.
- 25 KW generator powers approximately one-third of house including most lights, kitchen appliances, one HVAC zone, hot water heater, TV plus computer power sources & well pump.
- Underground propane tank currently services generator could be used to convert stove fireplace to gas if owner desired.
- Badminton & half basketball court. Fenced yard area for kids and/or pets. Storage shed for lawn & sports equipment. DirecTV satellite dish.
This is truly a unique property; in one of the fastest appreciating locations within the Research Triangle. If you appreciate quality and are looking for that rare combination of privacy, acreage and location, you'll want to be certain to visit 165 Forest Glen Drive.